So you would like to start an organization?
- Get a group of people together, and start having meetings–in your dorm room, over dinner, or anywhere you can find. You’ll need a group of interested and passionate people to have a successful organization.
- Make sure you have SEVEN members. You’ll need a minimum of seven to be approved by SOC.
- Find a faculty/staff advisor. This person can be anyone who shares your passion or interest in your organization.
- Fill out the appropriate recognition form below. If your organization is something that will stick around for years, fill out the “Organization Recognition Petition.” If you only plan to do a temporary project, fill out the “Temporary Project Recognition.” Part of the “Organization Recognition Petition” is creating a detailed constitution. Please read the instructions for your constitution included in the form. Your constitution MUST have a very clear non-discrimination clause.
- Click here to fill out the Organization Recognition Petition.
- Click here to fill out the Temporary Project Recognition Petition.
- Wait for an email from SOC. We will review new student organizations on a rolling basis during the remote learning period.
- Get a response from SOC! We will take a few days to review your application as a committee. If recognized, Jessica will send you an email with more details about being an organization on campus.