Student Government Association, the Wellness Center, and the Sexual Assault Resource Network (SARN) have teamed up to join the nationwide sexual assault prevention campaign, “It’s On Us,” that was recently launched by President Obama and Vice President Biden. We have tailored the campaign to best fit our campus community by crafting the following St. Olaf Pledge to End Sexual Assault.
“As members of the St. Olaf Community, we believe It’s On Us to prevent sexual assault and harassment, and we recognize that it will not be tolerated on our campus.
It’s On Us…
• To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sexual contact is sexual assault.
• To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault may occur.
• To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
• To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.”
If you have any questions about the campaign, please contact anyone below or email ItsOnUs@stolaf.edu.
Emma Lind, It’s On Us Co-chair (email@example.com)
Mattie Melin, It’s On Us Co-chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Confidential resources on campus include:
– Sexual Assault Resource Network. SARN advocates can be contacted at (507) 786-3777 or the SARN office in Buntrock 113.
– The College Pastors, located in Boe Memorial Chapel Undercroft.
– Boe House, Counseling Center located at 1308 St. Olaf Avenue, contact (507) 786-3062
Student Health Services located in Tomson 160, contact (507) 786- 3063
The Dean of Students, Area Coordinators, Public Safety Officers, and any administrations, faculty and staff are resources that are required to follow up after a reported incidence of sexual assault, but will do so with respect for the privacy of those allegedly involved with the incident.