Hey all! Today we funded D-VINE, a student dance group, $13.75 for advertisements to promote their upcoming showcase. We also…Read more
So you would like to start an organization?
- Have a student organization. Get a group of people together, and start having meetings–in your dorm room, over dinner, or anywhere you can find. You’ll need a group of interested and passionate people to have a successful organization.
- Make sure you have SEVEN members. You’ll need a minimum of seven to be approved by SOC.
- Find a faculty/staff advisor. This person can be anyone who shares your passion or interest in your organization.
- Fill out the appropriate recognition form below. If your organization is something that will stick around for years, fill out the “Organization Recognition Petition.” If you only plan to do a temporary project, fill out the “Temporary Project Recognition.” Part of the “Organization Recognition Petition” is creating a detailed constitution. Please read the instructions for your constitution included in the form. Your constitution MUST have a very clear non-discrimination clause.
- Click here to fill out the Organization Recognition Petition.
- Click here to fill out the Temporary Project Recognition Petition.
- Wait for an email from SOC. We will schedule an appointment slot at our meeting with you. All of our appointments are on Tuesday afternoons starting at 3:00.
- Come to your meeting. It should be about five minutes. It’s just a chance for us to ask some clarifying questions and hear more information from you personally.
- Get a response from SOC! We make all of our decisions at the time of your appointment. If recognized, Claire will send you an email with more detials about being an organization on campus.