So you would like to start an organization?
- Have a student organization. Get a group of people together, and start having meetings–in your dorm room, over dinner, or anywhere you can find. You’ll need a group of interested and passionate people to have a successful organization.
- Make sure you have SEVEN members. You’ll need a minimum of seven to be approved by SOC.
- Find a faculty/staff advisor. This person can be anyone who shares your passion or interest in your organization.
- Fill out the appropriate recognition form below. If your organization is something that will stick around for years, fill out the “Organization Recognition Petition.” If you only plan to do a temporary project, fill out the “Temporary Project Recognition.” Part of the “Organization Recognition Petition” is (FIFTH and a half) creating a constitution. Please read the instructions for your constitution included in the form. Your constitution MUST have a very clear non-discrimination clause.
- Organization Recognition Petition
- Temporary Project Recognition Petition
- Wait for an email from SOC. We will schedule a meeting with you.
- Come to your meeting. It should be about five minutes. It’s just a chance for us to ask some clarifying questions and hear more information from you personally.
- Await a response from SOC. We’ll send you an email within a few days letting you know of our decision. We look forward to your application!